I just got a Thorens TD145 mk2 off craigslist. Got it home and fired it up and it really sounds sweet and looks cool too.
The guy inherited it from his best friends estate and had it in storage for a few years before he sold it. The dustcover and hinges are intact but needs some serious polishing and buffing from where they used the wrong solvent to remove the duct tape :nono: used to secure it for shipping.
It has a Pickering XUV4500q cartridge that lost the diamond tip from the stylus. Coincidentally the last TT I bought off CL had the same cartridge so I took the stylus from it.
The headshell is the "space cadet" model. The space cadet is actually two pieces. The part that attaches the cartridge to the arm and a cover. The cover for this one is missing.
On eBay there is a seller in Germany offering NOS headshells and aligning jigs. He also has the wand with the headshell already attached.
If I get a headshell should I go ahead and get the mounting jig too? I am not that handy on aligning cartidges. My other TT's are all Technics and I use the Technics alignment jig and really like how easy it is to use.
Anyone use the Thorens jig?
The guy inherited it from his best friends estate and had it in storage for a few years before he sold it. The dustcover and hinges are intact but needs some serious polishing and buffing from where they used the wrong solvent to remove the duct tape :nono: used to secure it for shipping.
It has a Pickering XUV4500q cartridge that lost the diamond tip from the stylus. Coincidentally the last TT I bought off CL had the same cartridge so I took the stylus from it.
The headshell is the "space cadet" model. The space cadet is actually two pieces. The part that attaches the cartridge to the arm and a cover. The cover for this one is missing.
On eBay there is a seller in Germany offering NOS headshells and aligning jigs. He also has the wand with the headshell already attached.
If I get a headshell should I go ahead and get the mounting jig too? I am not that handy on aligning cartidges. My other TT's are all Technics and I use the Technics alignment jig and really like how easy it is to use.
Anyone use the Thorens jig?