• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Allen Organ Speakers For HiFi

Register to hide this ad
I have no doubt the drivers and cabs could be re-purposed for hi-fi but it seems a shame to destroy a Leslie-type musical instrument speaker in the process.
 
I am on the fence about that also. But if there's no demand for the speaker, then the next stop is the dump. It's the same dilemma for the organ that goes with the speakers. If the family has no use for either except to extract whatever monetary value they can, then so be it.
 
I am on the fence about that also. But if there's no demand for the speaker, then the next stop is the dump. It's the same dilemma for the organ that goes with the speakers. If the family has no use for either except to extract whatever monetary value they can, then so be it.
Allen was one of the better organ builders.
I'm ok with gutting organ cabs that aren't Leslies as Leslies will always be worth money, and organ speakers are generally not special most of the time. The drivers are worth something, but as they are CTS they wont bring big money but they still made great speakers.

I'm not ok with killing off an organ if it is working.
 
Allen has always used really cheap, mediocre sounding speakers with their organs. We always tossed them in dumpsters if the church had one on site.
 
Allen has always used really cheap, mediocre sounding speakers with their organs. We always tossed them in dumpsters if the church had one on site.
While I won’t dispute your experience with them, I will say that my experience has been different. The Allen Organ speakers that I’ve owned have always used high quality and over built components. The cabinets were heavy duty, they used quality, name brand drivers and the inductors were heavy. I would never call them cheap, at least the ones that I am familiar with. Just my experience, not arguing against yours.

Edit: the speakers I’m familiar with are the HC-12 model.
 
Back
Top Bottom