• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Altec 602D Cabinet refurbish

stevengerard

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Lots of time involved in this but it definitely is worth it to me. Took the 602D cabinets partially apart to refurbish the veneer. Tedious, but so far looks so much better. A few more rounds of light sanding, and coats of poly and I can start on the next one. I ended up taking advantage of the original cutout above the 602D driver to add a EV T35 horn since the Altec 3000H is blown. I would love to find some original working horns but the one I saw available was way out of my league.

Altec 602D top scratches.jpg

original front pair.jpeg

original inside.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom