• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Altec Image 10

acronym

PANIC!
I'm onto a free pair of what are described as 'altec image 10' speakers. From what I gather in the listing, they are mid-sized (think advent large) speakers in wooden cabs. Has anyone seen these? I'm thinking they just read the name off the driver. Any clues?
 
Register to hide this ad
This might not be helpful but I remember that as Altec's glory days were fading, they had a line called "Altec Design" including the Altec Design 10 and Design 20 (see photo, appropriated from a current eBAY auction). I suspect your "Image 10" may be something similar.

20-2.jpg
 
thanks ! they're actually up in Lynn. You up north? I'm in Foxboro.
picked up a pair of Dalhquist dqm-9s in sudbury this afternoon wow. no, really - wow.
I don't like mondays sounded great.
 
I am in Harvard (not terribly far from Sudbury as the crow flies). Used to work in Norwood for a while, if you can imagine that!

I remember those Dahlquists, sort of...
 
Back
Top Bottom