• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Altec Lansing 887A Capri

Nucities

Active Member
Any thoughts on these? I use the KLH 6 in my main system; how would these compare? These would be for my office. What is a fair price? The pair I'm looking at look to be in 8/10 cosmetic shape. I'm told they sound "great" but will go listen before I purchase.
 
Register to hide this ad
This will likely get the thread moved to "dollars and sense" due to the valuation question.

That said, 50 bucks tops. Too many other good speakers in your neighborhood to pay much more for those.
 
This will likely get the thread moved to "dollars and sense" due to the valuation question.

That said, 50 bucks tops. Too many other good speakers in your neighborhood to pay much more for those.

Id be interested in recommendations.... I love the KLH 6 but I'm looking for something smaller for the office. The room is very small (maybe 10x12). Ill be using my STR 7065 for now but Im on the hunt for a lower watt amp/receiver that sings at low volume. The Altecs sound like they could work but a smaller cab would be better.
 
I had a pair for a few years, they were ok sounding, but I much prefer the EPI 100 which is in a cabinet of very similar size.

The cabinets are very nice looking and sturdy though, I thought about upgrading the drivers because I really liked the cabs , but I eventually sold them on Craigs for $50.

I've not been much of a fan of the phenolic ring tweeters in these, and always wanting to try stuffing biggest ribbon tweeter I could fit into those cabs in an effort to try and improve them a bit.
 
Altec Capri ,
Sweet sounding ,lovely boxes, with a nice solid wood , but you need to have the original tweeters ,which is phenolic tweeters mostly used in old marantz , and many other brands,bass sound is amazing, , to this price which is very modest level
It is a nice little speaker, i advise everyone to have one , if you find
 
Back
Top Bottom