• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Altec N-800-D Crossover ?

johnny_fever

Sansui Addict. No Serious. Not Kidding.
Subscriber
I recently bought some Altec 820 speakers and have some XO questions.
Crossover face says Designed to operate from 8 to 16 ohms. Does this mean I can hook my amp to 8 or 16 ohms? or do they mean 8 to 16 ohm speakers can be used with the XO? Merry Christmas from the Fever Family
 

Attachments

  • N-800_D.jpg
    N-800_D.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 32
Register to hide this ad
It should mean the speaker load you connect to, if the drivers are rated 8 then hook to 8 ohm load, 16 ohm rated driversto the 16 ohm load. The drivers will seldom ever measure 8 or 16 so you have to interpolate their impedance like 5~8 ohms would be 8 ohm rated, 9~16 would be 16 ohm rated. Good luck!
DC
 
Im asking because I see some N-800-D's that say 16ohms. Mine says 8-16 ohms. Thanks Rick
 
Thanks..Im still trying to gather any and all info I can find on these speakers, Im new to Altec. Thanks Rick
 
"Bowrtie", Tom Brenan (sp) & "Dowojo" are the go to guy I respect for Altec informations. There are others I can't remember the names but these guy asre very knowlegable on the Altec score.
DC
 
Back
Top Bottom