• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Alternatives to Klipsch (low power SET amps)

Dave_in_Va.

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I love my Cornwall IVs (main speakers) and Heresy IVs but I'm always curious about what else is out there.
Unlike some of the posters here, I'm not a DIY guy.

I was looking at the websites for the NSMT Model 50

and the Volti Razz or Lucera (very expensive)

Have any of you listened to these speakers? I think Volti sets up at the audio shows but I only ran into NSMT via internet searching. That model 50 sure sounds intriguing for the price.
Thanks in advance.
ps My amplification is mainly 4 -10 wpc SET stuff.
 
Register to hide this ad
I can say without question, the Volti speakers, are one of the best Values
of any Horn speakers Bar None. Premium baltic Birch Heavy Plywood, Gorgeous Veneer finishes,
excellent quality drivers, and great Xover components. over 100 db efficient. Made in the USA!
Klipsch Cornwalls, can't compete with them.
Call Volti and speak to Greg Roberts
bobhorn
 
Last edited:
I've not heard either, but I'm instantly drawn to the Volti because I'm into horns and gosh darn-it, they're really good looking.
 
Volti also uses 2" throat horns, his own design! they used to be wood, although at the Cap audiofest
their newest 15" woofer model "Lucera" had Metal horns.
 
I can say without question, the Volti speakers, are one of the best Values
of any Horn speakers Bar None. Premium baltic Birch Heavy Plywood, Gorgeous Veneer finishes,
excellent quality drivers, and great Xover components. over 100 db efficient. Made in the USA!
Klipsch Cornwalls, can't compete with them.
Call Volti and speak to Greg Roberts
bobhorn
Volti audio is only about an hour away from me. I really need to go there and check it out.
 
I don't know if Greg reads here or at the old place anymore, hopefully he can comment. If not, there are many things you can learn/see on YT. He brings raw cabs to shows to show the construction details, etc. They are sort of heirloom woodworking feats and he's an amazing craftsman. The problem is that one needs a serious (teens to 50's) checkbook balance to participate at retail.
 
Any experience with the NSMT Model 5? It's a different style of speaker and more affordable (for me, anyway).
It supposed to be very efficient.

To me the Volti Razz seems like a sideways move from the Heresy IV (with better build quality) and the Lucera is a little pricey (for me).
 
Back
Top Bottom