• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Amazon Hi-Res Streaming

Register to hide this ad
I just hope they go true Hi-Res. Their highest quality is currently 256 kbps. Amazon music stepping up to 9216 kbps is a HUGE leap.
 
I just hope they go true Hi-Res. Their highest quality is currently 256 kbps. Amazon music stepping up to 9216 kbps is a HUGE leap.
The bitrate isn't as meaningful as the bit depth and sampling frequency, and whether they'll be using lossy or lossless encoding.
 
The bitrate isn't as meaningful as the bit depth and sampling frequency, and whether they'll be using lossy or lossless encoding.
Yeah, 24bit/48kHz would be nice for $15 month. I would definitely subscribe to Amazon music Hi-Res.

This would be the first American based Hi-Res streaming service.
 
Hmm. Will keep an eye on this. I do enjoy buying CD's from them, and we have prime membership. But also, I have been enjoying my Tidal hi-res listening.
 
Hmm. Will keep an eye on this. I do enjoy buying CD's from them, and we have prime membership. But also, I have been enjoying my Tidal hi-res listening.
I enjoy my Prime membership and I enjoy TIDAL too, as everybody knows. :D My concern is that Amazon will corner the streaming market with a pricing war that will surely make operating a small independent music service provider very difficult, if not impossible.

Will we then have to rely on Amazon for nearly everything?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom