ben_
Active Member
Good morning/afternoon everyone,
I have been looking for a dedicated power-amp for awhile without really pushing it, to replace my Yamaha AX-592 I use only for its power section since a few months.
I have Focal 726 speakers, and they have a low impedance (2.9R at ~100Hz) so I'm searching for an amp that can handle it without breaking down its power supply. The yam performs ok on his job at low to moderate levels
Now I found in the UK an AMC 2100 that has been repaired, output transistors and resistors were blown and replaced and a a few aluminium capacitors that were needing it.
Sellers is asking £193 + 29 for shipping or take offers. Thats roughly $ 235 as of today, and one of the lowest price I could find for power amps this range. On of the others I have in sight is a H/K 2200PA for USD 312 without shipping but its in a badly scratched on the faceplate so I prefer something clean
Is this amp at this price any good ? Do you think it will outperform the main section in my Yamaha ?
Cheers,
Ben
I have been looking for a dedicated power-amp for awhile without really pushing it, to replace my Yamaha AX-592 I use only for its power section since a few months.
I have Focal 726 speakers, and they have a low impedance (2.9R at ~100Hz) so I'm searching for an amp that can handle it without breaking down its power supply. The yam performs ok on his job at low to moderate levels
Now I found in the UK an AMC 2100 that has been repaired, output transistors and resistors were blown and replaced and a a few aluminium capacitors that were needing it.
Sellers is asking £193 + 29 for shipping or take offers. Thats roughly $ 235 as of today, and one of the lowest price I could find for power amps this range. On of the others I have in sight is a H/K 2200PA for USD 312 without shipping but its in a badly scratched on the faceplate so I prefer something clean
Is this amp at this price any good ? Do you think it will outperform the main section in my Yamaha ?
Cheers,
Ben