• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Among friends

jmitchnh

Active Member
Greetings everyone, I've been a "budget" audiophile since my early teen years in the 70's and have been in love with audio ever since. My system is a collection of classic late 70's and early 80's equipment that brings me back to the best times of my life.

It's such a rush to be around people who feel the same as I do and enjoy talking and appreciate vintage hi-fi equipment.

My system:
Receivers: Sansui G-6700 & 7500, Kenwood KR 6050, Pioneer SX-770
Turntable: Pioneer PL-560
Cassette Decks: Pioneer CT-F1000, CT-9R, CT-F2121 & Toshiba PL 5416
EQ: Pioneer SG-750
CD: Technics SL-P1
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK! Nice rig you have...although I think you left out your speakers. Whatcha runnin' there?

Sorry 'bout that...
I have a pair of Pioneer CS - F9000's found at GW in mint condition for $25.00, and a pair of Optimus T-120's also a GW find for only $10.
Now, I know that Optimus speakers don't have a sterling reputation, but the genuine walnut veneer cabinets are in mint, and I mean mint condition. I'm restoring them by replacing the drivers (woofers and mids shot, tweeter is a RS replacement), I've already put in a set of JBL mids and NA woofers, looking at a set of Yamaha tweeters that will fit the factory cut-out. I'll post the completed version when they're done.
 
Back
Top Bottom