• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Amp without digital inputs

Bigmoonface

Active Member
So my Onkyo A-9377 only has RCA inputs and no digital inputs at all. My Onkyo NS-6170 Network Audio Player( which does have digital outputs) connects from its RCA outputs to the RCA inputs on my Amp.
If I had a amp with digital input would I notice a marked improvement in sound quality?
 
Register to hide this ad
If I had a amp with digital input would I notice a marked improvement in sound quality?
It's unlikely. You might notice some difference due to switching to the DAC in the amplifier rather than the one in the network audio player, but probably not enough to describe it as better or worse, just possibly slightly different.
 
It's unlikely. You might notice some difference due to switching to the DAC in the amplifier rather than the one in the network audio player, but probably not enough to describe it as better or worse, just possibly slightly different.

Thanks Dave, that's good news because I'm happy with the A-9377. Its actually not that old, think it was release about 2010 so not sure why they didn't include digital inputs? Probably to keep the price down I guess!
 
Back
Top Bottom