I have ordered 4 of these Dayton Audio AMTPRO-4 Air Motion Transformer
As well as already having 4 Airborne RT-20021, 4cm2 Air Motion Ribbon Tweeter, 4ohm
www.solen.ca
The plan is to remove them all from their housings and install them in a custom plate, roughly 8" x 7" and install them into a tower recessed about 1/2" and with a 45 degree chamfer around the edges. The two larger will be wired in series for an 8 ohm load, and the 2 smaller utilized as almost a "super tweeter arrangement" (also wired in series) crossed over with a simple 6 db crossover cap. (the Dayton falls off considerably after 12-14khz). the objective is to have each "pod" perform l in unison like a single driver. Hope to crossover to this pod @ 1.2k.
My Question is in regards to the arrangement and orientation. Almost all the AMT tweeters I see are mounted vertically, but I am guessing this is mainly a product of their face plates, and was wondering if two mounted horizontally would be ok? I was thinking of an dayton amt on the bottom, then the two airborne in the middle, with another Dayton AMT on top. They should all be in phase, so I do not think cancellation will be much of an issue?
Thoughts?


Dayton Audio AMTPRO-4 Air Motion Transformer Tweeter 4 Ohm
Dayton Audio AMTPRO-4 Air Motion Transformer Tweeter 4 OhmDayton Audio's AMTPRO-4 model features an extremely large AMT diaphragm with an open-back design and powerful neodymium magnetic assembly. This combination produces high output and low distortion over a broad frequency range, while...
www.parts-express.com
As well as already having 4 Airborne RT-20021, 4cm2 Air Motion Ribbon Tweeter, 4ohm
404 - Solen
www.solen.ca
The plan is to remove them all from their housings and install them in a custom plate, roughly 8" x 7" and install them into a tower recessed about 1/2" and with a 45 degree chamfer around the edges. The two larger will be wired in series for an 8 ohm load, and the 2 smaller utilized as almost a "super tweeter arrangement" (also wired in series) crossed over with a simple 6 db crossover cap. (the Dayton falls off considerably after 12-14khz). the objective is to have each "pod" perform l in unison like a single driver. Hope to crossover to this pod @ 1.2k.
My Question is in regards to the arrangement and orientation. Almost all the AMT tweeters I see are mounted vertically, but I am guessing this is mainly a product of their face plates, and was wondering if two mounted horizontally would be ok? I was thinking of an dayton amt on the bottom, then the two airborne in the middle, with another Dayton AMT on top. They should all be in phase, so I do not think cancellation will be much of an issue?
Thoughts?


