• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

An easy way to fill your inbox

kansei

Super Member
This seems like trolling at its best. Starts off by saying they found some stuff in the attic, then proceeds to lists some of the most desirable tube equipment and spare parts that only someone with a great deal of audio experience would be able to put together.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/ele/4600694100.html

attic full of mcintosh tube amps and marantz (ulster çounty)
Mcintosh tube amps were found in an attic. Mc30 pair. 2 240 amps 2 mcintosh 275. A mc60 pair. Mc75 lot of 4. A pair of marantz 9 with a 10b tuner and 7c pre amp. Lots of western electric spare speakers And 300b tubes still in boxes. Lots of fisher scott and dynaco is available too. Many items are in the factory boxes. Boxes full of tong sol 6550 and gec kt88 tubes. Over 40 mullard el34 tubes.old
Tannoy speakers hooked up to test before we discard them.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
 
Register to hide this ad
You mean everyone doesn't find that kind of gear stuffed away in the attic????
:D
 
I found a stash very similar to those listed in the attic of the house we are currently in.

It was truly a miracle because we watched this house being built from the ground up.
 
It's quite a leap from "I found some old McIntosh and Marantz stuff in the attic" to "300b tubes, WE spare speakers, GEC KT88, Mullard EL34".
 
It could be to gauge interest in really high end gear. It could be to get phone numbers of the most aggressive buyers and / or flippers. Or it could be the opening salvo in a more elaborate (i.e. Papa Chulo ? ) scam. Or, in 1 out of 1,000 cases, it could be real.
 
Fixed that for you. :D

I'm the guy who got a pair of K-Horns for $200 when every other AK-er thought it was a scam.

I'm the guy who paid regular price for a nice amp and got a beautiful pair of blond AR 3A speakers as throw-ins.

I've had many horrible buys, and had many horrible near buys. I've had less-than-pleasant experiences with spammers and scammers. But as a statistician I'll stick with my original assessment:

:yes: Or, in 1 out of 1,000 cases, it could be real. :yes:
 
I'm the guy who got a pair of K-Horns for $200 when every other AK-er thought it was a scam.

I'm the guy who paid regular price for a nice amp and got a beautiful pair of blond AR 3A speakers as throw-ins.

I've had many horrible buys, and had many horrible near buys. I've had less-than-pleasant experiences with spammers and scammers. But as a statistician I'll stick with my original assessment:

:yes: Or, in 1 out of 1,000 cases, it could be real. :yes:

I don't believe this particular listing is real, but many in this D&S crowd are constantly screaming "scam" on listings that turn out to be real. I'm not sure what the motivation is, but it happens a lot. I've made hundreds of CL buys and never run into a bogus listing. There's gold in them thar hills!
 
Calling Western Electric gear "WE" means they know something about gear. What are the chances of an audiophile finding that gear in the attic? 1000x1000 to one? Points about lightning sometimes actually striking aside, I call BS on this particular one.
 
An ad along these lines was placed on Phoenix CL as some kind of revenge against the guy whose number was listed.
 
Back
Top Bottom