• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ANGSTROM SPEAKERS(Canadian made)

BOUXY

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Picked these up tonight for a mere pittance!
Sound and look very nice and seem to handle a lot of power quite easily!
I'm a Canadian but had never heard of this name before and am wondering if anyone here knows about this model at all as I searched the internet and found the Company but nothing in pictures or info on them and no they have no model # that I can see but are marked in rear as RADIX-400P1633 ?:scratch2:
Looks to be 2 x 6" Woofers and a small Tweet with a small port at the bottom of each and are 37" H by 8 1/2" Wide and 9" Deep weighing a Ton!
 

Attachments

  • ANGSTROM BADGE.jpg
    ANGSTROM BADGE.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 71
  • ANGSTROM REAR.jpg
    ANGSTROM REAR.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 86
  • ANGSRTOM-L.jpg
    ANGSRTOM-L.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 113
  • ANGSTROM- R.jpg
    ANGSTROM- R.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 124
  • ANGSTROM BOTH.jpg
    ANGSTROM BOTH.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 108
Register to hide this ad
Picked these up tonight for a mere pittance!
Sound and look very nice and seem to handle a lot of power quite easily!
I'm a Canadian but had never heard of this name before and am wondering if anyone here knows about this model at all as I searched the internet and found the Company but nothing in pictures or info on them and no they have no model # that I can see but are marked in rear as RADIX-400P1633 ?:scratch2:
Looks to be 2 x 6" Woofers and a small Tweet with a small port at the bottom of each and are 37" H by 8 1/2" Wide and 9" Deep weighing a Ton!

I know there are many fellow Canucks on AK from the East of Canada that must know of these Angstrom's because they were manufactured since 1978 to present day out in Ontario so I'm hoping to hear from a few yet:)

ANYTIME NOW WOULD BE GOOD!
 
Last edited:
?

Finally got a hold of someone at Angstrom who had info on these Radix 400's!
Seems the original Company has changed hands along the way and and only a handfull had any knowledge of this Model that was produced in the 80's!
Thanks anyways:):thmbsp:
 
Almost bough a pair of Radix (500's I think with 8 inch woofers) new from a dealer long ago, late 80's.... 88 or 89. First I ever saw them in other than black. I bought paradigm export monitors instead.
 
I had a pair pf Radix towers and bookshelf speakers I got of CL a few years ago. Thought they sounded pretty good. I believe the tweeters are Vifa.

Congratulations!
I think you will like them very much.
 
Back
Top Bottom