witch_trial
New Member
Gorgeous old machine in amazing shape. It's been serviced and has all new rubber and runs really beautifully.
Unfortunately if it's been playing for a while (sometimes a couple of hours), it starts making a regular, very brief popping sound every 9-10 seconds. It does seem to get louder the longer it goes.
Sounds electrical in nature. The popping happens--even when there's no tape in the machine--if you hit play and let the motor run, and it's audible if you leave the motor running but switch the monitor switch to "source". It doesn't record the popping to tape. If you turn the machine off and leave it overnight, it plays okay the next morning, but after a while it starts again.
Any ideas as to what's wrong? I'm no expert, and I would love to be able to articulate this to a tech, as I'm afraid that they won't take the time to test the machine long enough to hear it for themselves.
Unfortunately if it's been playing for a while (sometimes a couple of hours), it starts making a regular, very brief popping sound every 9-10 seconds. It does seem to get louder the longer it goes.
Sounds electrical in nature. The popping happens--even when there's no tape in the machine--if you hit play and let the motor run, and it's audible if you leave the motor running but switch the monitor switch to "source". It doesn't record the popping to tape. If you turn the machine off and leave it overnight, it plays okay the next morning, but after a while it starts again.
Any ideas as to what's wrong? I'm no expert, and I would love to be able to articulate this to a tech, as I'm afraid that they won't take the time to test the machine long enough to hear it for themselves.