I love my AR11'S, too. I picked them up back in 2007 when I was living in the DFW area from the original owner. He had kept them wrapped up in a card board paper and the foam grills had dissolved into the front baffles. It was hell cleaning that stuff off but it came off. I filled, sanded, and repainted the front baffles a medium flat black and they look awesome. The cabinets were already in outstanding shape and required next to nothing to make them shine like new. The crossovers were recapped and the toggle switches (for mids and tweeters) were cleaned up and they sound spectacular....one of my favorite pairs of speakers I own. I've also had 4 pairs of the AR-2ax's and they don't even compare to the 11's and were easy to sell each time I got a pair. I finally found a pair of original foam grills foe them after 5 1/2 years of waiting and they should be in the end of the week. Yay!!
Beautiful speakers you have there. Call me a die hard fan, too.
Thanks everyone for the compliments, the 11's are truly one of the best speakers I own. The great sound and good looks just make it worth all the effort put into restoring them. I like the 11's better than my 11B's, not a big difference but it's there. I have not tried all 4 at one time, maybe I will pair them with my Kenwood KR-9600 and see what 4 at once sounds like.