• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Another Fisher Chadwick C-33 Console

attachment.php


If my theory is correct, I'd propose that the 460T/460A was the initial load, and the 660A was an update/afterthought. If you look at the tube layout posted in the start of this thread, you can see where Fisher used separate diagrams for the tunner and the amp. This diagram is all one piece....:scratch2:
Could have also been that Avery ran out of his production run of 460As and decided to go with the 660A instead.

Thoughts?

Possible good explaination. I don't think the 460A's were used after that time.

Later I'm going to check the serial numbers of my Chadwick and compare it with yours. That may lead to something.

Also, I appreciate the photo of the 460A & 460T label. I'm going to make a copy because my other Chadwick is missing the label.
 
Last edited:
If I can find it, I'll send you the label. I don't have a carcass to put it in, and I don't need it. However, even if I find it, that doesn't mean I can lay my hands on it any time soon.....
 
Most of the consoles are in the garage right now.

No water damage. We lost power between from when I went to sleep Saturday night until I woke Sunday morning until Monday night. I live near a bay that connects to Long Island Sound and the bay overflowed onto the local roads.

I had no water in the basement during the storm but a strange thing happened. On Tuesday morning there was about a 1/4 inch of water in about 20% of the basement (it slopes). My contractor says it probably came up from the concret floor due to the pressure of the water having no where to go.
Glad to hear you're OK. I looked online for news from your area and it looked like some of your neighbors had it much worse than you.
 
Back
Top Bottom