• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Another Sad Attempt To Extort Our Hard-Earned Cash

69sixpackbee

Well-Known Member
I hope this is the correct forum to post this so please move it if not.
That being said, here goes!

I recently put an ad on USAaudio helping to locate a Sanyo JCX-2900 (as well as in the bartertown here) and I figured that I would awaken some of the trolls lurking in the midst (usually overseas and with a generic "Hotmail" e-mail..instant red flag) and I would just like to share some hilarity with all of you :lmao:.

Here is a response I got from "Brooke"...ya, Okay. Pretty "American" all around wholesome name.

"i have got the above item on sales if interested let me know
> By *Guest* <brookesmithbrooke@hotmail.com>

To which I replied:

"Let me know more about it. Pics? Location? Price?

Thanx,
Bud "

And the a day later... I'm sure another date zone later...

"thanks for your reply, attached below are pictures of my Sanyo JCX-2900k for you to view, it;s in good working conduction, Everything work well as it should and come with the original parts..Look very clean and excellent... There is no dent or scratch on it.... Shipping will be done by a register shipping company with a tracking number.Please make me an offer and if your offer is reasonable, I will consider or i will give you my price with shipping..i live in Washington and will required your shipping address.. Please confirm if you are still interested thank
Brooke Zietz"

Heres the pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

To which I then replied (with the verbiage cleaned up a bit):

Wow!
That sure is nice. Too bad that is pic trolled from one of my favorite sites,
Audiokarma.net.

In fact, the precise location of this pic is located right here:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2489312&postcount=25

Next time, try to brush up on your English and you just might have a lot less
grammatical errors and maybe, just maybe someone less wiser than I might just
fall for your bulls**t.
Kindly go f**k yourself and have a wonderful phishing excursion!

Sincerely,
Hugh G. Rekshun


Boy, that was fun!


P.S. That "person" is banned from USaudio mart LOL!!

Bud
 

Attachments

  • Sanyo JCX-2900K-.jpg
    Sanyo JCX-2900K-.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Sanyo JCX-2900K-1.jpg
    Sanyo JCX-2900K-1.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Hey, it is eye whod respected to u wanted ad. I get a trunk lood ot dem nude in bax. If u's wanted won, sent muny too mee bye Wetern Union. :)
 
I recently received this text while I had an amp listed for sale in a local TV station's online ad site. His first text looked legit, he asked if I still had the amp. I said yes. Then, I got this:

" Okay good i can send you cash for the payment on today through the overnight ups which will get to you by on tomorrow and i have someone who will come over for the pickup as soon as you get the money okay"

I should have replied "your phone number has been reported to the FBI" but what's the use?
 
"Sigh. No one wants to work anymore. " I don't see a change in behavior here. Always been scammers, con artists & predators working the angles.
 
when scambaiting i keep them baited for ages maybe weeks and try and get money from them ..have been close but never won .
not done it for a few years though ..its a waste of precious time these days .
 
"Please ship item to Nigeria and I will promptly send cashier's check when received."

This is roughly a message I received while selling a mountain bike on craigslist a few years back.
I decided not to ship it to Nigeria.
 
This kind of theft isn't extortion. Now if a guy told you "Buy this Sanyo or I'll break your legs", that would be extortion.
 
From Merriam-Webster

Full Definition of EXTORT

transitive verb
: to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power : wring; also : to gain especially by ingenuity or compelling argument
 
Back
Top Bottom