• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Another scammer stealing my pics/infor on the bay!

Register to hide this ad
Bid it UP

Damn, I was close, but didn't have that extra 10 cents. Bummer.

So now we should make bets on whether the scammer will actually contact you or not after the auction. :yes:
 
$10,000,000 for a Mac?

Hmmm, I think the scum bag is out ordering his new Porsche 911 and his new $1,000,000 house. Won't he be disappointed?

:lmao:

Paul
 
As is said in other posts with these outrageous priced ebay auctions...

You could definitely buy a lot better for a whole lot less!

:D

More money than brains...
 
I have emailed eBay and assume it will come down sooner or later. I did not email the seller as I didn't want to give him my email address to help legitimize his auction as he could then attempt to manipulate it to appear as though it was me.

The price will keep most away anyway although I am suure he will cancel bids when he figures out how to do it.
 
Do the pics not represent the amp? ? Is he using your pictures to sell his amp or is the amp one you owned previously?

I find pics of mine all over the internet. . .doesn't bother me unless it is for some crooked dealings.
 
Barry,

That was a sweet looking Mac you had there. Wow! I am glad it is finally bringing the price it deserves on ebay :)

Thanks for foiling this scammer! He might have pulled it off.
 
Mine are all over too but this is an obvious ploy to rip someone off. I do in fact have a copyright on the pics according to ebay even if I don't post that and the pictures are not necessarily a true representation of what someone may be selling as I doubt they have everything in the pics that also include my original description although it was somewhat abbreviated.

There is also no notice that it is REPRESENTATIVE of what the seller is seliing if in fact they did have it and my pictures are also a part of what I do. Most know the glass table and background as I have sort of made that my signature. If someone asks to use my pics for an auction, I am happy to allow it as long as they represent to buyers that the items pictured are not the actual item and that I gave permission (like who would do that?).

If you want to play the game, take the time to do it properly and take your own pics and no one can dispute you. Otherwise, you leave yourself open to exactly what is happening on his auction. I give info freely to anyone who asks but will not allow the use of my pics WHEN I can do something about it if they don't.

One can agree or disagree with my position but I will continue to rid the site of scammers and to take down those who try and defraud others by using my pics.

Barry
 
Carl,

Actually, I was outbid!!:yippy:

Thank goodness because I only had 9 mill in my Paypal account and was not sure how I was going to pay for it.

Barry
 
Like you said, Barry, play the game right. This picture allocating/stealing leads to a lot of trouble, no matter what. The most horrendous transaction I participated in had a seller using someone else's picture. The item was not depicted accurately.
 
I hate these scumbag ebay scammers :thumbsdn:.... Go get em! :smoke:

I lost out on an Onkyo TT a few days ago...the seller lived less then a mile from me. Within hours, I got a second chance offer from "the seller", who lived in Australia, and a few hours later from "the seller" who lived in Milan, Italy.

I guess that they thought my zero feedback and recent date on my profile made me an easy mark :yes: Reported both to Spoof.
 
Back
Top Bottom