• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Another thread about Realistic Nova 7B

I've not had a chance to look at the cross-over for one of these speakers but the XO of the 8B is a bit of a mess as it comes from the factory.
If both small drivers are the same then a lot of interference and comb filtering

It's second order on the tweeters, plus some attenuation, and the woofer like most cheap vintage speakers is run full range, counting on natural roll-off. The subjective experience is enjoyable, and they measure ok considering what they are. The crossover capacitor ages very poorly, going very high ESR, so in un restored condition, they will probably sound quite bad.
 
I made a slight modification to the crossovers in the 7B's I have. S
There is some overlap between the woofer and the two midrange/tweeters.
I added a coil to the woofers that forces them to roll off where they should.
The midrange has some added detail now. I also replaced the factory general purpose electrolytic capacitors with polypropylene film caps.
The speakers do sound better with the 1h coils connected to the woofers.
 
Back
Top Bottom