• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Antenna coax connection

dgta

Active Member
I'm embarrassed to ask, but will anyway :)

I just realized I have a Yamaha receiver that has an FM antenna coax jack that is NOT an F type and will not take an F type connector.

What are these connectors called? And will a standard cheap (push-on) 75 to 300 ohm balun fit it?
 

Attachments

  • PICT1070.jpg
    PICT1070.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 86
Register to hide this ad
For FM, should be a male "IEC 169-2" connector. You need a female to put on the end of your cable. Balums come in both male & female form, so you'd need to make sure you get the female variant.
 
That's a European RF connector, correctly identified by steerpike2, and it's known for causing reflections in the cable due to poor impedance match. If I didn't care too much about preserving original appearances, I would replace that thing with a standard 'F' type female connector. ...Assuming that you're in North America.
 
OK, thanks, in that case I will look to see if it's easier to replace the jack with a standard F type.
 
Back
Top Bottom