• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any 2216 impressions??

RogerB

Member
My journey into vintage started about 2 months ago when I purchased a 2220B. Using the search function reveals there is alot of love on this forum for the 2220B.

I recently purchased a 2216 in excellent condition. Haven't received it yet but should be here by friday.

When I use the search function for 2216 I come up with very few posts about it.

My question is...is this model considered the "stepchild" of the Marantz lineup?

Any comments/impressions of the 2216 would be greatly appreciated!!

Roger
 
Register to hide this ad
The 2216 was an entry level amp, I remember seeing an ad online, something like " the 2216 is still a Marantz" kind of targeting college students and those on a budget.

The 2216 is one of my favorites as it is the same receiver as the 2215B, just different face. You can actually change all the parts between the two, with exception of the balance fader (longer shaft on the the 2216).
 
Thanks for the reply roggom! Gets me pumped up to see the Fedex truck pull into my driveway! Does the 2216 have a similar sound to the 2215B? Everything being the same except the face I imagine they sound the same.

Anybody else have any impressions?
 
I have all three 2215b, 2216 and 2220b. Actually, I have since sold 2220b. It was a great little receiver. Somehow I like those small Marantz receivers. I guess because anything bigger wouldn't fit in my entertainment center :-)

I am kinda torn between the 2215b and 2216 because I like the all-black dial window of the 2215b better than the silver panel where balance control is on 2216. But I think I will keep the 2216 just because is in pristine condition. All knobs shine like they just left the factory.
 
The 2216 is one of my favorites as it is the same receiver as the 2215B, just different face. You can actually change all the parts between the two, with exception of the balance fader (longer shaft on the the 2216).

Hey roggom, I have searched the database for a 2216 service manual with no luck. The 2215B and everything around it is there but no 2216.

I am going to do my first recap on my 2216 but I need the service manual. You say the 2215B is identical does that mean I can use the 2215B service manual to recap my 2216? Or is this a dangerous thing to do?

Roger
 
You will be fine with the 2215B manual, there are only a few different value caps on the main amp board, but just verify the values before you place your order. I have repaired many with only the 2215B manual.

Check your PM
 
Back
Top Bottom