• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any clear winner???

3kitty

Super Member
Luxman help please - L-450 Integrated?

Edit - Could those of you who love and know the Luxman sound describe what it is about it that you like? I read over and over...."That great Luxman sound".

And does this L-450 deliver that?

Thanks.

Original question was -

Pioneer SA-6800 Integrated vs Luxman L-450 Integrated

Always hear about the Luxman sound....and admittedly don't know what that means!

The little I can find on the Luxman is that it is clearly not one of their better sounding amps - thin I believe one person said.

....and real wood (Pioneer) vs vinyl wrapped (Luxman).

If you had access to these 2 amps and both were the same shape and the same price, what would you choose and why?

Thanks!!!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I have had both and for the same price would go with the Luxman. I don't think it is even close. Do remember though, both are old enough to need recaps and adjustments and might not be performing at their best.
 
I cant speak about the L-450 but I have the 480 is a wonderful sounding amp.
Nice warm sounding with smooth even bass. Not too punchy and the highs aren't to sharp. Can't speak for that particular Pioneer but then again I am bias to Luxman and I do own a few Pioneer amps myself.
 
I cant speak about the L-450 but I have the 480 is a wonderful sounding amp.
Nice warm sounding with smooth even bass. Not too punchy and the highs aren't to sharp. Can't speak for that particular Pioneer but then again I am bias to Luxman and I do own a few Pioneer amps myself.

Thanks - I have read exactly that about the 480....but those same individuals said the 450 didn't stack up to those same attributes - but even if that is true it might still out perform the SA-6800.

Appreciate the feed back....any other thoughts or experience with these two amps still greatly appreciated.
 
Was this one specific 450, or 450's in general? I've really never heard a bad Luxman. I compare their sound to Yamaha, with a better bottom end. Even the dinky L-210 I had was a sweetheart and would pull enough amps to dim the display light with the bass, yet still be crystal clear.
 
There is one for sale locally.....looks to be in very nice nic!
....and I own and use the SA-6800.

So was just looking for insight as to whether the L-450 would be an "upgrade" or not?
And what kind of sound signature the Luxman had?

Thanks.
 
Back
Top Bottom