• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any Clements experts out there?

John Ilgen

Member
Bought a pair of Clements 801di speakers. They seem to be very well built and sound great. However, I cannot find any info/specs on them. There is a little info on Clements in general and a few other models, just cannot find anything on these. Anyone? Thanks!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Wow.... crickets.
Really a shame.
I have two pair of Clements' Phase Research RT Towers. Got them back in the 90's. Only a few days ago I discovered Clements was THE MAN who made them. They were clearly made by a Mad Scientist.
Yes, there is basically zero info out there.
The Blue Book doesn't even list Phase Research anymore (I have the 1992 book and it does mention them. (maybe it would be a good source to list the models? are things that bad?))
 
Pretty hard to come by any info....even now after that post about 2 years ago. I see a pair come up for sale from time to time. I really like mine. I also came across a pair of used speakers, branded "Solus." Come to find out, that is Phil Clements again, after "Clements" went away. Smaller than what I have but again, really nice sound.....would like to learn more about both....
 
I knew Phil back in the mid '80s when he was making speakers in Dallas. They were hybrids with a ribbon producing the upper mids and highs. He eventually set up shop in Canada. He was not a good guy and not to be trusted.
 
Back
Top Bottom