• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Any difference between EMIT tweeters?

mjalazard

Well-Known Member
I'm just about to embark on the Qb speaker re-build. These have the original (or near-original) EMIT tweeters with the rectangular chrome faceplate.
EMIT tweeters are always for sale on da web. Are there any real, audible differences between them
EMIT's, EMIT k; Samarium Cobalt EMIT;EMIT r.........
Thanks in advance!
Mike
 
Register to hide this ad
Since no one has chimed in I'll try.
I'm sure I'll be corrected for any wrong info.
Emits and Emit k's...different magnets I think.
Emit r is a totally different animal completely.

Early series such as Q and RS emits used the same diaphragms with different faceplates.
 
Early series such as Q and RS emits used the same diaphragms with different faceplates.

This is true but the solder "button/rivets" are in a little bit different location and the q series diaphragm is a little less shiny than the rs. To use the diaphragms between the two series you will need to make a little more clearance on the plastic spacer with a round needle file so the magnets will have the proper clearance. I can't hear any difference between the two. Maybe someone with better ears has.
Jim
 
Hi Jim, Does the Q refer to the emit used in the Quantum series? My rs4.5's have a way shorter emit than 2's or QLS1. Al
 
Hi Jim, Does the Q refer to the emit used in the Quantum series? My rs4.5's have a way shorter emit than 2's or QLS1. Al

Al, I ment the Q series as in Qa, b and e, Quantum Jr, 5 and I think 4. They are the silver square ones. The Quantum 2, 3 and QLS1 have the longer emits.
Jim
 
Back
Top Bottom