• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any Heart fans left out there?

PatA

Super Member
Pulled out some old Heart LP's, don't play them very often anymore, but I decided to give Bad Animals a listen. This wasn't their biggest seller, but was some of their best work. Listening to Ann on "How Do I Get You Alone" sends chills down my spine. I was in a Sam Ash a couple years back, they had a live, acoustic version of that song on video. Ann Wilson has only gotten better over the years, absolutely stunning on the video. Nancy Wilson is also one of the great, albeit underrated musicians of her generation. Here's the vid on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBrsGgayW9Q
 
Register to hide this ad
Do a search here on AK and you'll find several threads extoling their virtues. Lot of fans here. :thmbsp:
 
I like their 70's stuff, Dreamboat Annie, Magazine, and Little Queen. The 80's stuff...not so much. My biggest complaint is I can't seem to find good vinyl pressings of the above mentioned albums. When I find them visually they are VG+ sometimes but even after a good cleaning they end up having lots of surface noise. I may have to break down and get them on CD. I know there are a few "audiophile" pressings of some of theirs that I can keep an eye out for.
 
One of my favorite albums is my Heart - Dreamboat Annie in the Nautilus Superdisc format. Absolutely fantastic! Use it as one of my reference LP's.

Have been a big Heart fan for a long, long time.
 
I was fortunate to grow up in the Puget Sound area, so I of course have been a long time fan, and their catalog of tunes gets routine play at my house.

Regards,
TB
 
I like their 70's stuff, Dreamboat Annie, Magazine, and Little Queen. The 80's stuff...not so much. My biggest complaint is I can't seem to find good vinyl pressings of the above mentioned albums. When I find them visually they are VG+ sometimes but even after a good cleaning they end up having lots of surface noise. I may have to break down and get them on CD. I know there are a few "audiophile" pressings of some of theirs that I can keep an eye out for.

Love the 70's stuff, I enjoy much of their 80's work, unlike many of the other 70's bands that hit it big in the 80's.
 
Quite a few fans here

I'm a big Heart fan as well, and like their albums from all of the 4 decades that they have released in!

Favorite is probably the self-titled Heart album, but also really like Dreamboat Annie, Bad Animals, Magazine and Brigade.

I agree that Ann Wilson has a tremendous voice and really "brings it" to many of her performances. I have seen them live 5 or 6 times, and at least once in each of the 4 decades, the 70s, 80s, 90s and the current decade. I particularly enjoy their video performances from the 80s!
 
The first time I heard "Magic Man" was in Mr. Toads Stereo shop in Bristol, Va. I was an instant fan and still am. :music:
 
Here is one of my saved favorites on YouTube from their heyday. Looks to be from a German TV show in '77 so the audio isn't great, but the girls look good! :thmbsp:

Barracuda

Regards,
TB
 
One of my favorite albums is my Heart - Dreamboat Annie in the Nautilus Superdisc format. Absolutely fantastic! Use it as one of my reference LP's.

Have been a big Heart fan for a long, long time.

A local store has that for $40, if I could talk them down a bit I might go for it.
 
If it's a good, clean copy then I think you'll really like it. I have Dreamboat Annie on the original Mushroom label as well as the Nautilus Half-Speed Super Disc and even though the Mushroom LP is fantastic, the Nautilus is definitely superior in my opinion. Mine is near mint and I consider it one of my top 5 albums.
 
Another fan signing in here. :wave:

I was driving through the Capitol Hill neighborhood with my daughter last weekend and pointed out this was where the Wilson sisters had lived and Ann still lives in the neighborhood as far as I know.

...as you'd expect, quite a supply of Heart LPs in the thrifts and gsales here, almost as ubiquitous as the schmaltz titles.
 
Yes another Heart fan here. Way way back when I as a stereo sales guy in my much much younger days...Heart was one of my favorites for demo use.
 
Back
Top Bottom