• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any info knowledge a Wintec model 555 amplifier?

I came across this vintage amplifier recently. I looked it up and all I can find out is that it was produced between 1976 and 1981 and that it is solid state. Can anybody verify if this is a quality piece of equipment.

Thanks all
 

Attachments

  • P1000464.jpg
    P1000464.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 71
Register to hide this ad
Yes, it should be of very good quality in both sound and build. I have a Wintec integrated amp and a Wintec 1120 receiver and like them both very much!
Your model 555 is a receiver, not an amp, and it's the first one I have seen. Nice find!
 
As noted, that's a reciever. Wintec didn't make a big splash in the market, but their equipment seems to have been of very good quality. Your 555 was made from 77-81, and was rated at 30 watts a channel. It seems very much like my R1030, but with analogue meters rather than LEDs which mine has. Mine has a very nice FM section and is generally very nice sounding.
 
Thanks for the info guys. It sounded quite detailed and gave quite a punch. Beyond what I would have expected from 30wpc! Although there was a problem where stereo tracks were not reproduced properly through the right channel; my guess is a loose connection somewhere.

What is the difference between an amplifier and a receiver?
 
I'd consider re-capping it, it's at that age where it would be a wise thing to do. My Wintec amp opened right up when I replaced all of the electrolytic caps.
 
Amp-watts per channel
pre amp-all the controls
tuner-the radio stuff

integrated amp is amp and preamp
receiver is all three in the chassis.
 
Back
Top Bottom