• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any info on Pioneer Cs-J825Q

b-17rocks

New Member
Hello my dad saw these speakers at a local pawnshop we couldnt find alot of info so maybe you guys know more they are 4 way tower speakers that have two subs one on the top and bottom
 
Register to hide this ad
Like this?

th

OAK COLOR VINYL LAMINATED WOOD CABINETS
8 OHM
150 WATTS MAX POWER EA.
11 1/2" D X 11" W X 43" H EA.
2 - 8" DIA. WOOFERS
1 - 2" MIDRANGE
1 - 1" HIGH EFFICIENCY TWEETER
2 BASS PORTS

From what information I can find, they are basic, no frills Pioneer consumer speakers. The sound should be decent, but they are not made for high volume use or extended periods. I would suspect that if you've heard any other Pioneer towers in the price range, you've heard these, too. Production around 1990. Seem to sell in the $40 - 60 price range.

GeeDeeEmm
 
Like this?

th

OAK COLOR VINYL LAMINATED WOOD CABINETS
8 OHM
150 WATTS MAX POWER EA.
11 1/2" D X 11" W X 43" H EA.
2 - 8" DIA. WOOFERS
1 - 2" MIDRANGE
1 - 1" HIGH EFFICIENCY TWEETER
2 BASS PORTS

From what information I can find, they are basic, no frills Pioneer consumer speakers. The sound should be decent, but they are not made for high volume use or extended periods. I would suspect that if you've heard any other Pioneer towers in the price range, you've heard these, too. Production around 1990. Seem to sell in the $40 - 60 price range.

GeeDeeEmm
Yes these are it thanks the ones my dad saw at the pawn shop are in mint condition. I haven't heard these speakers before and wanted to know if these could get low bass as my dad has a set of jbl 4800s that hit the low's real nice and he wanted to know if these could do the same
 
I had a pair of those that my uncle gave me. No not very much low bass. They are ok for jazz and most rock.

I sold my pair for 50$

One plus is they have cloth surrounds. Cabs are cheap particle board.

PS: These speakers don't have "subs", they have woofers. You might want a sub or two to go along with them though;)
 
I had a pair of those that my uncle gave me. No not very much low bass. They are ok for jazz and most rock.

I sold my pair for 50$

One plus is they have cloth surrounds. Cabs are cheap particle board.

PS: These speakers don't have "subs", they have woofers. You might want a sub or two to go along with them though;)
Ok thanks for the info!!
 
. . . and bigger, and bigger, and . . . .

GeeDeeEmm

Exactly. Now I use my Altec 828 cabs as the measure of size. Anything smaller is small, and anything bigger is big. :D

Like those JBL 4560 cabs I just got, are smallish.
30"x24"x36"

:rolleyes:
 
... my dad has a set of jbl 4800s that hit the low's real nice and he wanted to know if these could do the same

Unfortunately, no. Not even close. The Pioneers and JBLs are in two entirely different leagues, with the Pioneers playing in the minors. So, if your expectation standard is the JBLs, you are in for some disappointment with the Pioneers. I'd look elsewhere.

GeeDeeEmm
 
Back
Top Bottom