• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any opinions on Sansui BA-1000 Vfet amp?

Brett 1976

New Member
Hello everyone, first post to this group, but I read and learn everyday from this site. I'm not a Sansui newbie as I own a 9090 (my very first hi fi amp) and a 990db( part of my retirement portfolio). I just picked up a BA-1000 vfet amp. These seem rare and were sold in Japan. I bought this one from a serious Sansui collector in Canada. It's real clean, has been professionally serviced and converted to 120v! I like the slim line as it will fit right in my current setup. I plan to use this one for the top end of a bi amp setup. Any other BA-1000 owners out there? Any info or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 20240417_212812.jpg
    20240417_212812.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20240417_212808.jpg
    20240417_212808.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20240417_212827.jpg
    20240417_212827.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 20240417_213200.jpg
    20240417_213200.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 57
  • 20240417_213218.jpg
    20240417_213218.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20240417_213241.jpg
    20240417_213241.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 65
Register to hide this ad
Excellent purchase.
My tech told me about a place in Japan that professionally converts some vintage amps to 120 before export . Electori Co might be that place?
Very cool.
Welcome to AK!
 
That's a very nice (and vanishingly rare) amplifier. Sansui's only foray into VFETs, as it happens. I'd love to know how it was converted for 120V, as it retains the original toroidal transformer, unless a new transformer was wound and placed inside the original case.
 
I always liked the looks of those. Congratulations!

I wonder if they just installed a stepdown transformer in the chassis? I see another small transformer in one of the pics & the toroidal has the original wiring label
 
Back
Top Bottom