I've found out that my older Cambridge Audio CD player will be too expensive to repair, so I am in need of a CD player. It will be used pretty much exclusively for playing my redbook CD collection.
I'm in Vancouver, and can pick up a well-reviewed brand new Yamaha Aventage BD-A1060 Blu-Ray player for $350 CDN. The Yamaha perhaps has a higher build quality than the others I list below?
The Yamaha Blu-Ray player is in the ballpark of an Onkyo C-7030 ($300), Teac CD-P650 ($250), used Oppo BDP-93 ($350), used Oppo BDP-83 ($300), used CDP-XA3ES ($350) that are all on offer locally right now.
Any strong opinions on what my best bet is for 2-channel audio? Better ideas than the ones I listed? I will likely be using analog outputs into an older integrated amp, but I do have a few DACs around just in case.
I guess I should add that I can't stand to hear the disc spinning in the room when the sound is muted, or during quiet passages. So a near-silent mechanism is a big plus.
I'm in Vancouver, and can pick up a well-reviewed brand new Yamaha Aventage BD-A1060 Blu-Ray player for $350 CDN. The Yamaha perhaps has a higher build quality than the others I list below?
The Yamaha Blu-Ray player is in the ballpark of an Onkyo C-7030 ($300), Teac CD-P650 ($250), used Oppo BDP-93 ($350), used Oppo BDP-83 ($300), used CDP-XA3ES ($350) that are all on offer locally right now.
Any strong opinions on what my best bet is for 2-channel audio? Better ideas than the ones I listed? I will likely be using analog outputs into an older integrated amp, but I do have a few DACs around just in case.
I guess I should add that I can't stand to hear the disc spinning in the room when the sound is muted, or during quiet passages. So a near-silent mechanism is a big plus.
Last edited: