• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Any suggestions for big speaker craters / shippers in Chicago area?

milosz

Member
I've got some floorstanders I want to ship. Anybody got any recommendations for a place near Chicago here where I could drop the speakers off and they will take care of the crating and shipping? I figure there's got to be something out near O'Hare.... I am particularly looking for a recommendation of a company someone has actually used before.


THANKS!!!
 
Register to hide this ad
Shipping to where?

If you could provide a few more details, speaker size and weight etc. it would be helpful.
 
Last edited:
You may want to at least browse the site / service called Uship.com.
It has been several years since I checked them out but they seemed to have a pretty good bidding system in place where you can get quotes from an assortment of moving contractors.
You just signup..make a post stating what you have and where it's going then wait for quotes to come in.
Worth a shot perhaps.
 
url

Pair of Red Rose Classic speakers
65 lb ea
 

Attachments

  • get-attachment1.jpg
    get-attachment1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 23
  • get-attachment1.jpg
    get-attachment1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 23
Yes I plan to sell them, I have too many speakers. It is my plan to offer them "pickup only" at first but I feel the chances for that working are not high.

I can also deliver them locally, have a truck and some guys, etc.

I like the way they sound and look, and I'm procrastinating on selling them... LOL - I just have way too many speakers.

The others are my "keepers" - ( Magneplanar MG3.6r's triamped with a DEQX, and a pair of Quad ESL-57's ) and home-brew (see picture) -

One of my homebrew speakers. Designed to be tri-amped. There's another 10" driver on the other side. These are currently planned for updating to a different tweeter, an Aurum Cantus AMT tweeter that can cross over lower than these ribbons.
 

Attachments

  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom