• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any thoughts on these JBL speakers?

Livin4

Well-Known Member
Your opinions on some JBL speakers would be greatly appreciated. I know some JBL's are very good, but I am not familiar with most of them.

So, are a set of L110's worth $50 a pair? Need new surrounds
And a set of L77's at $75? Cabinets scratched pretty badly, and need new surrounds.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't know how they differ from the L100's or other "holy grail" JBL's, but I know I've heard people talk about how great the L110's are...
 
I wouldn't pay $75 for a pair of L77's. I had a pair and replaced the surrounds (hardest refoam job yet) and liked the way they sounded for jazz and acoustic music, but that tweeter just sounds NASTY with anything else at a reasonable listening volume. Mine were in fantastic condition and I had a heck of a time selling them for $125 on Craigslist.

I'd buy those L110's for $50 though. In a heartbeat. If you don't like the sound, you could make a little profit in the end and have an opinion on one of the more controversial JBL speakers. It's always nice to be able to add to the endless debate about those speakers.
 
Killer deal on the L110's, great speaker! The tweeters are worth more than 50 bucks, provided they work correctly.:yes:
 
Your opinions on some JBL speakers would be greatly appreciated. I know some JBL's are very good, but I am not familiar with most of them.

So, are a set of L110's worth $50 a pair? Need new surrounds
And a set of L77's at $75? Cabinets scratched pretty badly, and need new surrounds.

Thanks

I'd knock little old ladies over to get a (second) set of L110s for $50. Make sure the tweeter domes are intact (they're treated silk, dents mean they're likely to be cracked) & all drivers are original.

je
 
...I'd buy those L110's for $50 though. In a heartbeat. If you don't like the sound, you could make a little profit in the end and have an opinion on one of the more controversial JBL speakers. It's always nice to be able to add to the endless debate about those speakers.

What makes them so controversial? It looks like JBL was attempting to build a speaker with the low coloration and smooth sound of its European competitors, but with the sensitivity and power handling that JBL was famous for. That silk dome tweet looks sweet. From what I've read, they succeeded.
 
The number one rule here is: Snag first, post later.

That is a good rule :thmbsp: but there is so much crap out there, (even from the good names), that I have no experience with, I would rather ask first.

Wasn't me, sorry you missed them.

Damn, I was hoping it was someone I know so I could hear them :)

But I currently have 11 sets of speakers, 9 recievers, and 2 rack systems, most in various stages of repair/upgrade, so I really don't have room for more speakers. Still I keep looking :scratch2:

If anybody's interested, he still has the L77's.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=21666759&cat=&lpid=&search=L77
 
Back
Top Bottom