• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any TN Akers hit by storms?

Fisher-Dave

Super Member
Today has been really bad for many here in TN. We have had some real bad storms blow through killing at least ten today.Here at the house we have been lucky as it only blew some big trees down,others lost everything.I was wondering how many Akers were affected by the weather this past week.Just this past Sunday we had some really bad storms as well killing several people,and now today more crazy storms,I mean there was hail in our yard a good 2.5" inches.I put the horses in the shed and was taking a beating by it and the horses were going nutts at the sound of the hail on the tin roof,making it hard for me to get them in it.Darn good thing I did because it rained pure hail after that.My heart goes out to all the ones that lost their lives or loved ones this past week.
 
Register to hide this ad
I hope you and yours are well, having been through it twice myself in the last month, I can say that care of yourself, help is on the way, but make sure you and yours are safe.

Check on family and friends, they may not be able to make contact with you.


I wish you all the best, pull together and work together.


Jim
 
Yesterdays weather

Weired weather. . .I live in Columbus, Ohio and yesterday it hit 79F for a high briefly in less than an hour it dropped to 61 then last night it was supposed to hit 33 for a low. . .

almost 50 degree temp swing something is going to give.

We got lucky. . . a few moments but nothing like you guys in Tennessee or the neighborhood. . . :yikes:
 
It's a 20 minute drive to where the worst of it hit.Here it's mostly wooded or farms so the houses are quite a ways apart.I believe if it wasn't for the woods behind our house it would have got ours,I could not even get the back door open,and had to run out the front.I heard the tibers popping and limbs going through the air.I later sawed up some trees that had the road blocked from our place,and went to my next neighbor about a quarter mile up the road.He had some windows out of his cabin,also trees blown down,but the worst part for him was his one year old barn was scattered about with only a few beams left standing.He had a 60 foot indoor corral in it so he could work his Paso Fina horses year round.His other barn was not even touched.I'm glad it didn't hit downtown Alexandria as it's small and most of the houses are around the square pretty much back to back,and very old and would not take to much to destroy them.They said on the news that allot of the homes destroyed in Galatin were in the 300,000 dollar range.
 
We just had hellacious thunderstorms here...Man, what a lightshow !! I DID turn the computer completely off & unplugged it, though. Storms knocked off WNOX in Knoxville-I leave it on all night & go to sleep by George Noory- but it was back on this morning.
 
Glad to hear you had only minor damage. Lets all hope this storm season ends soon and with little damage..
 
Well, I'm a Tennessean at heart, but live just south (AL). But it was a harrowing night. Tornado warnings/sitings everywhere. And at 3:00 am, my house security alarm goes off scaring the bejesus out of us. The wind was so strong, it blew my back door open. But luckily, no damage here.

Hope everyone else was as lucky.

JD
 
Bless each and every one of you, I can only hope that all who are well, continue to be well. My heart goes out to those who are suffering or have lost family.
 
JDaniel said:
Well, I'm a Tennessean at heart, but live just south (AL). But it was a harrowing night. Tornado warnings/sitings everywhere. And at 3:00 am, my house security alarm goes off scaring the bejesus out of us. The wind was so strong, it blew my back door open. But luckily, no damage here.

Hope everyone else was as lucky.

JD

At one point early last night I counted 27 tornado warnings in Northern Alabama alone . . . I used to work in Cullman and have close friends in Birmingham so I often watch. . .

Also I used to watch them march across Alabama on their way to South Georgia(Americus) where I lived for 25 years. . .Spookey. . .

This **** scares the tar out of me. . . I have been in 3 Tornados (direct hits) and let a black cloud come over and I'm looking for cover. . .I know the feeling. . .
 
Talk about strange weather :scratch2: We down south here have had the weirdest summer in (my) living memory. More rain in this last half of the season than the previous two seasons combined. So much flooding over such a large area has never been seen. The construction industry was almost brought to its knees. Hope you guys have a great summer up there, shouldn't be long now as the heat has left the south.
 
Back
Top Bottom