• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anybody have recommendations for a good powder coating restorer?

arcamguy1

Active Member
Hi group,
I have a nice Yamaha C-70 preamp, in good condition, that has a cover with some scratches. I've wanted to get the top redone in a nice black powder coat.
Have any of you used someone who does a good job with that? I'd be interested in sending them the cover and have it done.
Thanks in advance for your guidance. Much appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Will do; also will go to local body shops. There are some powder coat businesses where I live. I’ll see if this is a job too small.
 
It's powder coating, not rocket science, call your local power coater and see some of their work save a pile on shipping.
 
Hi group,
I have a nice Yamaha C-70 preamp, in good condition, that has a cover with some scratches. I've wanted to get the top redone in a nice black powder coat.
Have any of you used someone who does a good job with that? I'd be interested in sending them the cover and have it done.
Thanks in advance for your guidance. Much appreciated.
Don't take this the wrong way, but why powder coat? Wouldn't it be easier to just repaint the cover yourself?
 
Don't take this the wrong way, but why powder coat? Wouldn't it be easier to just repaint the cover yourself?
It is an upgrade. Avionic had many of the items he restored powder coated. I believe his guy stopped doing it, but Dave talked about this a decade ago.
 
It is an upgrade. Avionic had many of the items he restored powder coated. I believe his guy stopped doing it, but Dave talked about this a decade ago.
I guess I don't understand why it's considered to be an upgrade. We're talking about an old audio component here, not an off-road vehicle accessory.
 
Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way, but why powder coat? Wouldn't it be easier to just repaint the cover yourself?
I like the look of powder coat. You're right - I could paint it - but regardless of which way I go I'd like to get it professionally done. I think it will look better than anything I could do.
 
Just did a quick search and there are at least three powder coating companies in Little Rock. My experience is they'll take any job no matter the size.
 
Just did a quick search and there are at least three powder coating companies in Little Rock. My experience is they'll take any job no matter the size.
I looked those up, too, and will be checking them out. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom