• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anybody recognize this speaker model?

ken99

Active Member
Does anybody recognize this speaker model?

I know for sure that they are Image speakers made by Sound Dynamics. They have a 6.5" woofer and a vifa tweeter. No information on the back of the speakers. Stickers fell off long ago. I think that they are the original tweeters, but I could be wrong. The woofers were refoamed.

I am trying to figure out the model number or name.

Thanks
ken99
 

Attachments

  • image_what.jpg
    image_what.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 110
Register to hide this ad
It does look like a rather nice Vifa tweeter that is very common. Other than that, I'm stumped.

az
 
Sound Dynamics and Image were brands manufactured by the Canadian company API. They also made the Mirage and Energy brands.
 
That looks like the Image Reference .5 speakers missing the foam trim rings around the woofers. Size was 10x16x9 if you want to confirm the measuements.
Sound Dynamics and Image had their own lines of speakers as seperate entities.
 
I can't open them up because they belong to somebody else right now!

Thanks

later
ken99
 
Back
Top Bottom