• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone else excited for RECORD STORE DAY?

Can you provide the names and addresses of the record stores in Chicago?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Luckily, I have a list of the ones I'm going to made up, with open times in case you like waiting in lines etc. I don't have exact addresses but I'll put in intersections from memory
RECORD STORE DAY ITINERARY

Permanent Records: 7 a.m. (Chicago near Damen... Maybe Wolcott?)
Dusty Groove 8 a.m. (Ashland and Thomas)
Bric a Brac 8 a.m. (Right by Logan Square)
Saki 9 a.m. (Fullerton and Kimball-ish)
KStarke 10 a.m. (Western and Thomas, just south of Roberto Clemente HS)
Logan Hardware: Noon (Fullerton and Rockwell)
Groovin’ high (7 a.m.?) (South side of Belmont between Racine and Sheffield)
Dave's (Clarke and Diversey)
Reckless Records (1537 N. Milwaukee and Broadway and Addison-ish)
Laurie’s Planet of sound (open at 9) (Lincoln Square)
END:Out of the Past (No RSD releases) 4407 w. Madison.
 
I'm really not too excited by any of the releases this year but my favorite local record store is having its grand reopening tomorrow with lots of bands, free beer and bbq and 10% off used records, how can you say no to that?
 
My wife was able to make it out to the 2 stores we have locally. She scored me The Doors, REM Box Set, Springsteen, The Civil Wars, The dead, The The, The Animals, The Zombies, The Allman Bros, The Flaming Lips, Gram Parsons, the everly bros and The Joy Divison.
 
Not too bad. I got to the store 2 hours before opening and I was 2nd in line. By the time the doors opened there were maybe 20 people. I picked up the following:

Devo/Flaming Lips 45
Joy Division - An Ideal for Living
Tame Impala - Live Versions
The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3
The Zombies - Odessy & Oracle
Devo - Butch Devo and the Sundance Gig
Rough Guide to Psychedelic Bollywood
Jorma Kaukonen - Quah
Yardbirds - Little Games

Non RSD titles

Jorma Kaukonen - Quah
Kaleidoscope - A Beacon from Mars
 
I am still looking for The Johnny Cash, Jerry Garcia and Phosphorescent RSD releases.

Good luck to the West Coast members!!!!!!!!
 
Not too bad. I got to the store 2 hours before opening and I was 2nd in line. By the time the doors opened there were maybe 20 people. I picked up the following:

Devo/Flaming Lips 45
Joy Division - An Ideal for Living
Tame Impala - Live Versions
The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3
The Zombies - Odessy & Oracle
Devo - Butch Devo and the Sundance Gig
Rough Guide to Psychedelic Bollywood
Jorma Kaukonen - Quah
Yardbirds - Little Games

Non RSD titles

Jorma Kaukonen - Quah
Kaleidoscope - A Beacon from Mars

Very Nice Haul! I passed over the Yardbirds release and now regret not getting it.
 
Very Nice Haul! I passed over the Yardbirds release and now regret not getting it.


I had set myself a spending limit and came in well under it. The Yardbirds was not super high on my want list but to find a good clean copy of this album is not the easiest thing to do. The Bull Moose review is what really prompted me to go for it.
 
Well it was not a budget thing for me rather than trying to decide while on the phone with my wife, LOL I am so thankful that she was able to go for me though while I had to work this morning. She said it was crazy
 
I had to stop myself otherwise there could have been much more, but the day isnt over yet lol.

RSD stuff
Cake Box set
Jake Bugg live
Death cab live
Sam Cooke

Non RSD was 50% off
T.Rex
Journey
Gerry Rafferty
 
I picked up:

Ronald Jerome - Understanding & Appreciating Classical Music
Pixies - Indy Cindy
The Pogues W/Joe Strummer - Live in London (2 Copies)

I missed out on the JB's and no one had Gregory Issacs - Mr Know It All

On my way to another store I stopped off at a yard sale I knew was going on and I found this gem.

attachment.php


attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3256.jpg
    DSCN3256.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN3257.jpg
    DSCN3257.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 41
I hit two stores in Brooklyn this morning with a friend. With the long lines I didn't get the Otis Redding or Sam Cooke records, but I managed to pick up the Gram Parsons, Joy Division, Ramones 10" and a few others that weren't RSD records. I also manged to grab Joy Division, Pogues and the Dino Jr / Cure 7" for a friend.
I'm also kicking myself for not caving and buying the blue note box set I found. I may go back and grab it.
 
Back
Top Bottom