• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone else using these in their system?

chillwolf

"Play 'em off!"
Anyone else here using Utah speakers in their system? I know ShaneC does from a previous post he had up. I am using a pair of Utah AS-7 speakers in my main system now. They replaced a pair of Polk 7b speakers that I had paired with my Mach 2s. I just like the way the Utahs sound with the Mach 2s better than the Polks. The Utahs I'm using are the model AS-7, 12" 3 way with ducted ports. The bass, treble and highs are nicely pronounced and clear with these speakers, more so than the Polks. :music:
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi,
I have a pair of Utah Celestia 8" two way drivers I put in a pair of my own cabinets. They have a very nice sound quality and are efficient enough for use with my 2A3 SET amps. I did have a single 15" two way Utah, but I lost that one (along with a lot of other stuff) in a house fire. That speaker was quite loud. Didn't have the sound quality of the celestias, though. Oh, I noticed you use a Marantz 2270. Nice receiver. I have one that I need to rebuild, but I also have a 2240 that I am presently using. I find them to be one of the few solid state receivers that I like. Normally I'm into tube audio, but I do like my vintage Marantz solid state gear. I've also got a 6300 turntable and a 5010B cassette deck. My DVD players are also all Marantz. Two are used for DVD's while the other three are my only CD players.
Bill
 
Thanks for the response seta1! The 2270 is my favorite of all the receivers I have. A Rotel I have is probably the closest to the Marantz sound. I also have a 6100 TT, but need to get a belt for it so I can see how it sounds. I would love to find a Marantz silver faced CD player and cassette deck to complete the Marantz system.
 
In 1976 I bought my first real hi fi. It was a Marantz 2220B and a pair of Utahs from the local mega TV/Stereo/appliance store. The whole setup cost about $199. They got me through my second year of college when I moved up to JBL L-26's. The JBL's were a definite improvement.
 
I have a set of Utah wd66's that I used for awhile. I recall I liked them fine but they just ended up out of the rotation. If I remember right I think I liked these speakers at super low volume but they seemed to fall apart when they got loud (I know I am weird)
 
I'm running a pair along with two other pairs of vintage speakers. They do well capturing the high end.....they have a nice clean sound. They're at the top of the stack.
 
Last edited:
I installed several pairs of Utahs similar to yours as studio monitors in a few radio stations. They (along with DLKs) were inexpensive, sounded good, and could stand up to the pounding rock jocks would give them. I'd kinda like a pair myself for old time's sake.
 
Back
Top Bottom