• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone ever heard of JVC SK 15A

StarMover

AlienToAllThingsAudio
I got a line on a set of four speakers a guy purchased in Korea to go with his quad system. The model is JVC SK 15a with 15 inch woofers, two mids, two tweeters and a super-tweet. My search of ebay turned up no examples of these speakers, nor have I been able to find any references to them elsewhere. :scratch2:

My first thought was "Kabuki", but on listening, i was impressed. The 15's are really rich and big sounding. Has anyone seen these before. Perhaps they were only made for the asian market? :scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
No listing in Orion. Glad you think they sound good. I had a pair of 12-inch, 3-ways that sounded too bright to me.
 
JVC speakers really didn't make it to the states. The few that I've seen are 1" thick cabinets and die cast woofers. From your description these would compete with the GI sansuis.
 
Photo of the JVC SK-15A

:music: Here is a picture as promised
 

Attachments

  • JVC_Speaker.jpg
    JVC_Speaker.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 278
I saw some of those, or a reasonably similar model, with lattice grills similar to the Sansuis or Pioneer CS series on the Bay about a month ago - I think they closed for about $75 - add shipping, and that was more than I wanted to pay sight unseen...er...sound unheard rather. I don't know if that helps your decision, but thought I'd pass along the info.

Nate
 
I picked up a pair today for $50.00 in reasonable condition, planning to sell them. I liked the sound & will keep them for awhile. Mostly comparable to Pioneer Cs-99a's I had, but better low end.
 
sk 15a

I saw some of those, or a reasonably similar model, with lattice grills similar to the Sansuis or Pioneer CS series on the Bay about a month ago - I think they closed for about $75 - add shipping, and that was more than I wanted to pay sight unseen...er...sound unheard rather. I don't know if that helps your decision, but thought I'd pass along the info.

Nate

I have a pair of sk 15a got the in japan and love got them 1977
 
Back
Top Bottom