• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone Know Mounting Distance

tubav

New Member
Of a Pioneer PL-41 tonearm? Bored, so I'm contemplating building a TT using my old JVC QL-50 drive unit and an old Pioneer arm I have laying around. I checked Vinyl Engine and found one mention of effective length on the PL-50 being 224mm. The arms for the PL-31, PL-41, and PL-50 are all very similar. Thanks for any suggestions.
tubav
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a PL-71. effective arm length = 224. Overhang = 14.5mm. Spindle to pivot distance 209.5mm. Measure yours and see if it comes close.

209.5mm = 8.248 (8.25")
 
Back
Top Bottom