• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone know what these Jensen speakers are, and if they're worth the $25?

Register to hide this ad
I can't seem to find any information on this set. But the cabinets look to be in fair condition. Are they worth it?

Here's the CL listing:
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/d/allendale-vintage-jensen-speakers-sound/6836125235.html
View attachment 1496385 View attachment 1496386
The date code on the inside of cabinet 23rd week of 1991 ...
They look to be viable rebuild them and use them wherever you can and if you don't wish to keep them sell them for what you have into them + your labor..
Or use them in the basement or garage or a bedroom
 
Keep looking. The ad says that they need to be refoamed, so you will spend another $25 to $35 to get them working. When you are done, you will have mediocre speakers. That era of Jensen does not have a reputation of making good speakers.

There are lots of options in the same CL area. For example, these Paradigms will walk all over those Jensens and will cost you less:
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/d/tyro-paradigm-atom-v2-bookshelf-speakers/6872524907.html
Hmm yeah that's kinda what I was wondering about. I really don't know too much about Jensen speakers so I didn't know if they were even worth refoaming
 
Hmm yeah that's kinda what I was wondering about. I really don't know too much about Jensen speakers so I didn't know if they were even worth refoaming

I buy a lot of inexpensive speakers. In general, I try to always move up in quality, although many times I end up moving laterally or slightly downward after listening to them. I have reached the point where I won't even consider speakers that don't have a good reputation. Generally, if you have good Google-shu and cannot find any info on a speaker, they are not worth messing with.
 
Jensen made the Advent speakers in the 90s. These Advents, although not having the reputation of the original Advents, are pretty good speakers. I have/had Advent Legacy II and Baby III. But Jensen branded speakers I would avoid.
 
I buy a lot of inexpensive speakers. In general, I try to always move up in quality, although many times I end up moving laterally or slightly downward after listening to them. I have reached the point where I won't even consider speakers that don't have a good reputation. Generally, if you have good Google-shu and cannot find any info on a speaker, they are not worth messing with.
That's a good tip about not messing with speakers you can't find info for. I have definitely been disappointed in the past buying equipment blindly
 
Jensen made the Advent speakers in the 90s. These Advents, although not having the reputation of the original Advents, are pretty good speakers. I have/had Advent Legacy II and Baby III. But Jensen branded speakers I would avoid.
Now Granted, the Advent series by Jensen International was never meant to head-to-head with the really high-end offerings at the time, (But in their defense, neither did a lot of the more popular affordable speaker model brands, JBL, Bose, Boston Acoustics, etc)! It's just about impossible to purchase a mid-price model without sacrificing something, (coloration of some sort). I've worked in the electronic service industry since the mid 70's and have always had a soft spot for Hifi and have done warranty and after warranty work on some very high end and a ton of lower end stuff. I've been surprised by the really good, and Not so good, sound by different manufacturers, Lower and the Esoterica. I've used the Jensen brand since the early 70's in Mobile low/mid applications and except when gotten wet, they always sounded good for the all mighty dollar !
 
Back
Top Bottom