• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone Remember 'Crazy Eddie's'?

We used to get WWOR channel 9 on cable when I was a kid up here in MA. I never went to a store, but I remember his commercials. I seem to recall he was a really greasy dude whose prices were insane :dunno:.
 
Yeah there was one nearby in Union NJ, my friend worked in the cd annex attached to it. That store was a mess, and what were those weird but expensive ROR speakers only they seemed to have?
I got some deals tho.
 
We used to get WWOR channel 9 on cable when I was a kid up here in MA. I never went to a store, but I remember his commercials. I seem to recall he was a really greasy dude whose prices were insane :dunno:.

Real greasy dude whose prices were insane with a name like Crazy Eddie. That's perfect. Probably had connections somewhere in the supply chain.
 
Anyone who lived in the NYC metro area knew Crazy Eddie. How could you not? His commercials were non stop- and each seemingly different except that it was always Jerry Carrol yelling, "INSANE!" At one point, he had an empire as there were stores all over the place. We all know the tawdry ending.

The golden age of NYC merchandising: Crazy Eddie, Moe Ginsburg, Tom Carvel, Uncle Steve ("I love you"), and probably a bunch others I cannot recall at this moment.
 
I do. NEver really heard of it until I graduated and took a job with IBM in the NY/CT area (Danbury/poughkeepsie.) there was a store in wappingers falls IIRC and I did stop in there a few times when over at POK.
 
Back
Top Bottom