• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone tried Google Chrome?

mjennens

Old Guys Rule!!!
Yet another choice for us lucky end-users. I use Firefox at home and Internet Explorer at work. I don't notice much difference between the two; FF might be a little faster for the typical user. I've also read that FF is a little more secure. I'm curious to hear from anyone who's used Google Chrome. Any info on security issues, speed, compatibility, etc.?
Mike
 
Register to hide this ad
Chrome may be a little bit faster, especially with its new JAVA engine, and I have seen no compatibility issues other than the standard M$ proprietary ones that drive most all standards compliant browsers nuts. Most of that is going away with the introduction of M$ IE8, which is now (finally) standards compliant.

I stick with FireFox. I've got it customized just the way I want it.

Kevin
 
Chrome is faster, but a LOT of online multimedia won't run on it.

And the text looks funny and is harder to read. Annoying.
 
I tried google chrome, but without the option of many plugins like firefox I wont use it.
I use the No-Script addon and will not sacrifice it for any browser
 
Chrome seemed okay for general surfing which is what I do but, was missing some basic features. Maybe with time it will get there.

I've used IE, Safari, FF and Opera and Opera has found its way on all of my computers as my primary browser. The e-mail client though a might simplistic is fast and does not hang up. It runs faster than any of the others on my 2000 Pro desktop running on 256 megs of ram.

I prefer Safari over Chrome but it too has some oddities, also.

FF for me has become too bloated, I preferred Sea Monkey over it.
 
Back
Top Bottom