Professor Bizzt used to sell a dustcover hinge pocket strengthening kit for the Sony PS-X800 & PS-X555ES turntables. When I did a search I see where he has sold the kits, but the images are not available. When you go directly to his webstore.com site, they are not listed as being for sale at all.
I'd love to see if anyone has tried the kit before contacting him. Images would be great to see how it works and what it looks like when installed. I know he is a member here, but looks like maybe he no longer posts. I've got a reproduction lid coming, but was wondering if the old lid, which had a repair that gave out, can be saved as a backup for either the new to me X800 which I recently purchased in Barter Town from a fellow AKer or for my old daily driver, an X555ES.
I'd love to see if anyone has tried the kit before contacting him. Images would be great to see how it works and what it looks like when installed. I know he is a member here, but looks like maybe he no longer posts. I've got a reproduction lid coming, but was wondering if the old lid, which had a repair that gave out, can be saved as a backup for either the new to me X800 which I recently purchased in Barter Town from a fellow AKer or for my old daily driver, an X555ES.