• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone use the J.A. MICHELL RECORD CLAMP

I have ordered a J.A. MICHELL RECORD CLAMP, Anyone have one. I like the fact it is light weight & clamps to the spindle. I am concerned about excessive wear on the spindle bearing. Let me know what you think. :thumbsdn: or :thmbsp:

It's a very low mass clamp that really adds no stress to your spindle. I have the original Michell that they mass produce the Internet selling version. Sonically there is so many advantages to using a clamp all the time.
 
Hi all, I might be a little off topic but, does any one know if I can use a J.A. Mitchell clamp on my Technics SL 1350 ?
 
Literature says, if memory serves, you need 8mm above the mat to use the regular version and 5mm for the "R."

As to wear, the clamp, once on, doesn't twist. Shouldn't damage the spindle.
 
Literature says, if memory serves, you need 8mm above the mat to use the regular version and 5mm for the "R."

As to wear, the clamp, once on, doesn't twist. Shouldn't damage the spindle.

Amend those measurements to "... above the record."
 
Back
Top Bottom