• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone with experience shipping HEAVY McIntosh speakers???

two dot

Well-Known Member
Ok, I have found a pair of the LS360's that I have been lusting after.

The seller has the original cartons but prefers that I take care of all shipping arrangements.

Does anyone know of a reputable company that will show up, palletize a pair of large McIntosh speakers and ship them cross country?

Also does anyone know if 176 each is the correct shipping weight of this McIntosh speaker?

Thanks in advance?
 
Register to hide this ad
I had my Vienna Acoustic Mahlers sent to me from Washington state (I live in the SF Bay area in California) and they arrived in perfect shape.

They were wrapped carefully and then placed in a wooden crate that was braced, padded, and secured to a pallet. They were totally wedged in and very carefully cushioned to prevent any movement. By placing them on a pallet they were not going to get dropped off of a conveyer belt or tossed around!

They seller was very careful about packaging them up, and as a result they did not suffer at all. If your shipper knows what they are doing and you add insurance you will be ok!

Michael
 
Factory boxes are a must!

Unless they are substandard for shipping!

I had a pair of Vienna Acoustic Beethoven speakers that were shipped in the factory cardboard boxes. (not solid at all!) Due to the speakers only weighing about 75lbs a piece they were tossed around and a number of the corners on the speakers were damaged.

Fortunately UPS ended up settling with me for $3600 and I kept the speakers, (I ended up selling them locally and then bought the Mahlers).

If the factory boxes are solid, then you are good to go, but then some companies go light for their smaller speakers so get pictures!
 
Back
Top Bottom