• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AR 3a set in Carborro, NC for $300

Audio Fan

YT Channel - https://tinyurl.com/29zytwu9
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/3564225477.html

No Affil.

Calling Josh, oh Josh, these are in your backyard!

Ad Snapshot
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Untitled 124.jpg
    Untitled 124.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Geez, that's a steal. These are getting up to $1000/pr. Some more for some reason. Snag those.
 
Are these speaker that great sounding? The E-bay prices are unbelievable. Are the AR 3's just as good? I never heard a pair of AR's. :scratch2:
 
Ahhh CB!

Well, I can only speak for myself, but the 3a's & the 5s are truly an outstanding sounding speaker. I haven't listened to my 3a's in awhile as I need more power.

Just listened to the 5s yesterday, driven by a Kenwood a/v amp (100wpc). Not sure if it would be stable driving the 3a's though.

I don't know about the 3's to be certain, but I am sure they sound just as good. If you can listen to any of these, please do. I think you will be pleased. The tweets are a bit laid back, but my eq tweaks does the trick.

Rome
 
Ahhh CB!

Well, I can only speak for myself, but the 3a's & the 5s are truly an outstanding sounding speaker. I haven't listened to my 3a's in awhile as I need more power.

Just listened to the 5s yesterday, driven by a Kenwood a/v amp (100wpc). Not sure if it would be stable driving the 3a's though.

I don't know about the 3's to be certain, but I am sure they sound just as good. If you can listen to any of these, please do. I think you will be pleased. The tweets are a bit laid back, but my eq tweaks does the trick.

Rome

I'll have to give them a listen some time. They always piqued my interest. :thmbsp:

That Holsum Honey Buns reminds me of an old customer I knew back in Chicago. His name was Herbie and we called him Herbie Holsum". He drove a Holsum Bakery Bread Truck.
 
Last edited:
That Holsum Honey Buns reminds me of an old customer I knew back in Chicago. His name was Herbie and we called him Herbie Holsum". He drove a Holsum Bakery Bread Truck.

:thmbsp: CB!

Yea, when I was a kid I could buy those for a nickel & they were the best honey buns I have ever tasted, even to this day. There was a clear opening that you could see the sugar on it. Good times!

Sorry for the hijack, OP! :yes:
Rome
 
I was going to flip these 3a's I picked up last week, but by glory, they do sound great. Even unrestored. I think these are "grail" keepers.
 
I was going to flip these 3a's I picked up last week, but by glory, they do sound great. Even unrestored. I think these are "grail" keepers.

I parted with mine locally a few months back. Lovely speaker but I simply cant keep them all. Next project: a really nice set of Allison One's. That's going to be fun. can't wait to hear them running with the Accuphase stack.

AR302 and 303 are sleepers as well. buy em if you see em! you won't be disappointed. a modern day version of the classic AR5 and AR3a

p_3-2.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom