• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ar eb-101

QRanc

Well-Known Member
There's an AR EB-101 for sale. It looks nice, it's in great condition, but I know nothing about it. Is it decent, and if so what is a fair price for it? What would it have sold for new?

I only started a thread for this because a search of the forums came up empty, which may be an omen.
 
Register to hide this ad
There's an AR EB-101 for sale. It looks nice, it's in great condition, but I know nothing about it. Is it decent, and if so what is a fair price for it? What would it have sold for new?

I only started a thread for this because a search of the forums came up empty, which may be an omen.

which version of EB-101 is it. The early version had an arm that wasn't too hot, and replacing it was near impossible.....the second version has an armboard exactly like the AR Turntable, or ES-1. That second (gen) table is not too far off in performance for the others mentioned. It can be upgraded easily, with not much money.
 
This is the less desirable EB101 but for $80 it is a steal and I would buy it in a second. Can still be upgraded if desired but easily a great sounding table.

Good luck with it if you pick it up, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.:thmbsp:
 
In retrospect, posting that listing on here was clearly a mistake. It was gone almost immediately after. Crap.
 
Not, totally sure about getting a new table. The motor crapped out on my debut. I'm just figuring out exactly what I want to do now. Either fix and upgrade, or find a nice used one that may be comparable or better. Right now I'm leaning towards fixing.
 
PM sent. But, if other would chime for their opinion as I never heard the debut and the AR is my first real belt drive TT, I do have the Sony PS-X50 and Sony PS-X7 both which are not perfect but, work really well and perform great and are complete.
 
Forget fixing the debut, it won't be too difficult locating something better. Having owned a Sony PS-X5 I'd say that the PS-X7 would be a good choice.
 
No offence to you.But the Debute3 is a piece of crap! I owned one for a minute. I purchased it new from Acoustics Sounds for a second system. When I pulled it from it's box and saw the stamped steel under sized platter and plastic parts on the tonearm. Back it went. If you replaced the platter and tonearm you would have spent enough money to buy a good quality TT. Save them pennies....
 
The Debut III's construction puts off people who expect to see wood grain and chrome on their turntables, but it produces pretty nice sound. The tonearm most certainly doesn't need replacing and the platter isn't awful, either. I'll admit I see the Acryl-It platter as perhaps the first upgrade I'd recommend on one, but they're fine in even stock form. To dismiss it because it has plastic parts doesn't prove anything.
 
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but which version of the EB-101 is this please? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • P1020979.jpg
    P1020979.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom