• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AR-XA rummage sale find

No cap on the phono wiring?
With the tags on the box it appears to me that the cartridge installation was a factory task.
I would like to clean up and try this cartridge out later, just to hear what it's sound was.
So I would like to know how it should be properly set up.
Plenty of work to do before we get there and it may not be the final cartridge choice, but if I can I would like to play as well.
Any thoughts/advice thank you Marc, Blue and all.

Odd, every XA91 I've seen here has caps mounted in the wire buss. The M91 works fine provided a good stylus is installed.
The EVG is a bargain, a few dollars more, and the Tonar brand N91 stylus is a slight notch up in performance.
 
Odd, every XA91 I've seen here has caps mounted in the wire buss. The M91 works fine provided a good stylus is installed.
The EVG is a bargain, a few dollars more, and the Tonar brand N91 stylus is a slight notch up in performance.
Thanks Marc, goes in the notebook to address later.
Is it possible Shure did something different with the cartridges later in the cycle?
 
Back
Top Bottom