• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

AR-XA Upgrade Pulley Question: Haydon Motor

I just bought an AR-XA. Looks to be from 1972. Amost all original. I'm planning to do some tweaks, and am planning an upgrade path. The first I had hoped to do was the mass loaded pulley from Vinyl Nirvana. I see its only for Hurst motors. Mine is a Haydon. Am I out of luck?

The turntable already sounds great on my mostly Bottlehead tube kit system. But I always like to modify. Part of the fun, I guess.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
The venerable Mr. Marc Morin should be along shortly to assist you with all things AR.
BTW, welcome to the forum! :)
 
It will not fit the haydon motor, the shaft size is a couple thousandths smaller on the haydon.

what's wrong with your existing pulley?
 
It will not fit the haydon motor, the shaft size is a couple thousandths smaller on the haydon.

what's wrong with your existing pulley?
Nothing wrong. I read in several threads that people thought the mass loaded pulley made an improvement. Thought it would be fun to give it a try. Have I read bad advice?
 
I picked up an AR XA with dust cover that I would like to send to Marc Morin for service and upgrading - I may have the wrong contact information, can I contact Marc through this forum? Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • fullsizeoutput_2a64.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2a64.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 20
Looks like a nice original one with armrest and badge. Well done and welcome to the forum.

We can make sure Marc sees this by tagging him like so: @marcmorin
 
Back
Top Bottom