• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AR2aX mod

Houas07tc

Well-Known Member
Okay, I would like to share a light mod with my AR2aX with everyone here at AK. I got these speakers a week ago and notice one tweeter and mid had no reading. Was lucky enough to find one mid on fleabay. Not so lucky with the tweeter cause they go for some good $ on fleabay. So the plan was to get some replacements for the time now until I could find replacements. I had a pair of Phillips tweeters that look like those in the norman lab speakers. One pair of white van crossover (4.7uf for tweeter, 6.6 uf for mid). That was close enough for me. Went to home depot got two 5" door guard ( for the wall), sand them down and drill holes for the tweeter mount. Put everything together and WOW! All I can say is my JBL 4312 are moving into the bedroom and the AR2aX are in their place. The tight bass and the warm midrange combine with the sweet phillips some tweeter just about defeated the JBL. Never though I would replace those 4312. And I still have that great stock AR sound too. :music:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4039.jpg
    IMG_4039.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4040.jpg
    IMG_4040.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 69
Register to hide this ad
I like your creativity and am very glad that they sound so good! I have a pair of these AR2AX in my closet, awaiting dollars and time.
 
Back
Top Bottom